Summary of Correspondence Between Chair of SOS and the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Shropshire MPs Regarding Matters Relating to the “Attack on Nature”
The following is a collection of postal (1) and email (8) exchanges in which I have been involved with in response to the decision of the SOS Board to approach the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs regarding our concerns about support for nature conservation under the current government.
It includes all “substantive” (using the term loosely) exchanges with the exception of automated emails from Westminster indicating that correspondence has been received.
Emails are reproducd below as text files.
PLEASE TREAT THESE ITEMS AS CONFIDENTIAL. DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE THE BOARD WITHOUT BOARD PERMISSION. THIS WEB PAGE IS NOT LINKED TO ANY ITEM ON THE SOS WEBSITE BUT IS “AN ISLAND UNTO ITSELF”.
- Item (1) – Letter sent to Secretary of State through the postal service – text approved by Board. LINK
- Item (2) – Email sent to all County MPs along with a copy to the letter to the Secretary of State LINK
- Item (3) – Email sent to Secretary of State with copy of letter as attachment. LINK
- Item (4) – Response from Secretary of State indicating that an alternative email address should be used for Secretary of State business (as opposed to constituancy business) LINK
- Item (5) – Response from DEFRA when I resent email to the appropriate address for departmental correspondence. LINK
- Item (6) – Response to Item (2) from MP Mark Pritchard LINK
- Item (7) – My reply to item (6) from MP Mark Pritchard LINK
- Item (8) – Response to item (2) from MP Philip Dunne LINK
- Item (9) – My response to item (8) from MP Philip Dunne LINK