As you will be aware, we are currently offering our next few meetings online using Zoom software.
You will have received a recent email directing you to this page to register for the next of our planned online sessions.
Details of the Next Online Session
Date: Wednesday, 2nd February, 2022
Start Time: 7:15 pm
Title: “Unravelling the Mysteries of Migration”.
Presenter: Dawn Balmer (BTO)
Registration Deadline: 12:00 noon, Monday, 31st January, 2022
NOTE – REVISED REGISTRATION PROCEDURE – If you wish to participate, please send an email to email@example.com with the ‘Subject:’ line ‘SOS Feb Online Meeting’, stating your name(s). The address recorded will be that in the ‘From:’ header of your email. (If you previously registered using the online form, there is no need to re-register using the revised procedure unless you do not receive confirmation by 10 am Saturday, January 22nd.)
- Registration is required for each session. This will permit us to send the link for the Zoom session only to those who have expressed an interest in ‘attending’.
- The license under which we are operating has a limit of 100 remote connections. Connections are the important parameter. A connected device is one connection. Two people watching the event on the same device is one connection. Two people, even if both are members in the same household, watching on separate devices, is two connections and both must have been registered separately.
- If you register for an event, it is very important that you do not share the session link information with anyone else and that you connect, using that information, with only one device.
- Once the limit of 100 connections has been reached, further requests will not be registered.
- PLEASE only register if you are certain that you wish to ‘attend’. If you register, and then do not take part, you are possibly depriving someone else of the chance to participate. Those who register for online sessions and then do not participate will be excluded from registering for future sessions.
- If you receive a link for a meeting and then find you are unable to use it, please let us know as soon as possible so we can reallocate your space if we are oversubscribed.
- You will need to register for each event individually. To keep track of the sessions on offer, please check out the SOS website at www.shropshirebirds.com. Look in the Breaking News section on the home page.
- There is a deadline for registering for each event. This is because there is a certain amount of administrative activity required ‘behind the scenes’ to prepare for each event. Hence, if you are certain you wish to take part, you should register as soon as possible.
- Please join the session a few minutes before the announced start time. You will be put into a ‘waiting room’ until you are admitted.
- Once the talk begins, please turn off your video and mute your audio. This reduces the bandwidth required for the transmission, which should equate to a higher quality experience for everyone.
- If you have questions for the speaker, the simplest way of asking them is to type them into the ‘Chat’ facility of the Zoom software. The speaker can then deal with all queries at the end of the talk.
For those unfamiliar with Zoom, the following links will be useful to orient you to the procedures in advance of your first session. Don’t panic! It is very straighforward!
All of these links will open in new windows so you will still have access to this page.
- System requirements for Windows, macOS and Linux. This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom desktop client on MS Windows, macOS and Linux.
- System requirements for iOS, iPadOS and Android. This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom mobile app on iOS, iPadOS and Android devices.
Download a Zoom App for your Device
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
- Follow this link to learn how to join an instant meeting through an email invitation, an instant messaging invitation, from your browser, from the Zoom desktop and mobile applications, or from a landline or mobile phone. Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the Download Center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
If you have registered above, your registration is within the 100 connections limit and is before the deadline, and you have not been ‘blacklisted’ as a result of failing to participate in previous sessions for which you were registered, you will receive specific instructions to access the online session about 48 hours in advance of the event.