Indoor Meetings Programme 2018
Meetings are held January-March and October-December at Bayston Hill on Wednesdays. They are free for members: guests pay £2. Tea, coffee and biscuits are served halfway through the meeting at a nominal charge.
The meetings are informal, informative and interesting. Why not come along, especially if you have not been before? You will learn more about birds and nature in general and be able to chat to others with similar interests. Directions to the meeting venue can be found at the bottom of this page.
Put these dates in your diary now to avoid missing a meeting!
Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018, 7:15 pm: Nigel Spencer – British Wildlife in Macro
- As well as being a renowned wildlife photographer, Nigel is an expert macro photographer, having captured all our native butterfly species. Widely travelled, he has photographed plants, birds and animals in many challenging places. Tonight though, he is closer to home and should help us to appreciate our own smaller species.
Wednesday, 2 January 2019, 7:15 pm: Dave Hollis – Bird Watching in Norfolk
- Norfolk is packed with birds all year round and this talk shows the richness of Norfolk’s birdlife throughout the seasons.
Wednesday, 6 February 2019, 7:15 pm: Gary Jones – Great Britain’s Wonderful Wildlife
- From the Mountains to the Seas, Gary shares his wildlife encounters and experiences.
Wednesday, 6 March 2019, 7:15 pm: Jeff Clarke – Bird Migration
- Bird Migration – the whys and whens of this fascinating topic
Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 7:15 pm: Annual General Meeting, followed by Jim Almond – Shropshire Birds
- Another year looking at the local bird world
Wednesday, 2 October 2019, 7:15 pm: Steve Watson – Peregrines & Goshawks
- A detailed look and comparison at the lives of two our most prolific predators
Wednesday, 6 November 2019, 7:15 pm: Ashley Grove – Birding in the Gambia
- A look at the amazing birdlife in this West African country
Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 7:15 pm; Helen Mugridge – Tanzania
- A journey through Tanzania looking at the endless array of birds and animals
Feedback to Indoor Meetings Co-ordinator
Have you been to an SOS indoor meeting that you thought was not up to scratch? Have you attended one that was magnificent? We would like to hear what you think about our speakers and topics. To submit feedback on a meeting, please select this link.
Directions to Bayston Hill Memorial Hall
- From Shrewsbury, take the Hereford Road A49 towards Bayston Hill at the Meole Brace roundabout. Turn right in the village onto Lyth Hill Road…
- From Ludlow & Church Stretton, enter Bayston Hill on the A49 and continue past “The Compasses” inn on the right. About 100 m beyond the pub, turn left onto Lyth Hill Road…
- Then, the Hall is 80 m on the left. If you go past Lodge Crescent (on the right) you’ve gone too far. There is car parking at the hall. The OS grid ref is SJ486087 and the postcode is SY3 0DU.
- For a map of the hall location (which can be panned and zoomed), click here.