Indoor Meetings Programme 2018
Meetings are held January-March and October-December at Bayston Hill on Wednesdays. They are free for members: guests pay £2. Tea, coffee and biscuits are served halfway through the meeting at a nominal charge.
The meetings are informal, informative and interesting. Why not come along, especially if you have not been before? You will learn more about birds and nature in general and be able to chat to others with similar interests. Directions to the meeting venue can be found at the bottom of this page.
The 2017-18 indoor meeting season is over. Join us again in October for more interesting and informative events. Those for the rest of this year are shown below – put them in your diary now!
Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018, 7:15 pm: Chris Ward – Wildlife Down Under
- Centred on the rich and varied habitats of SE Queensland, New South Wales and the ‘Top End’, visited during a 3 month winter experience, this will be an extravaganza of colourful, rare and iconic Australian wildlife. Enjoy birds, mammals, reptiles, insects and others.
Wednesday, 7 Nov 2018, 7:15 pm: Kate MacRae – Create Your Own Springwatch
- Kate has set up a network of cameras both in her own garden and at a 7 acre site in Worcester which capture the secret lives of visiting wildlife. Her work has been on Springwatch, Autumnwatch and Countryfile. Tonight you can share some of her techniques and see amazing footage to inspire and excite.
Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018, 7:15 pm: Nigel Spencer – British Wildlife in Macro
- As well as being a renowned wildlife photographer, Nigel is an expert macro photographer, having captured all our native butterfly species. Widely travelled, he has photographed plants, birds and animals in many challenging places. Tonight though, he is closer to home and should help us to appreciate our own smaller species.
Feedback to Indoor Meetings Co-ordinator
Have you been to an SOS indoor meeting that you thought was not up to scratch? Have you attended one that was magnificant? We would like to hear what you think about our speakers and topics. To submit feedback on a meeting, please select this link.
Directions to Bayston Hill Memorial Hall
- From Shrewsbury, take the Hereford Road A49 towards Bayston Hill at the Meole Brace roundabout. Turn right in the village onto Lyth Hill Road…
- From Ludlow & Church Stretton, enter Bayston Hill on the A49 and continue past “The Compasses” inn on the right. About 100 m beyond the pub, turn left onto Lyth Hill Road…
- Then, the Hall is 80 m on the left. If you go past Lodge Crescent (on the right) you’ve gone too far. There is car parking at the hall. The OS grid ref is SJ486087 and the postcode is SY3 0DU.
- For a map of the hall location (which can be panned and zoomed), click here.