The field trip programme have been compiled by the Development & Publicity Sub-Committee in the absence of an Excursion Secretary.
Please can all those proposing to come on the excursions follow the guidelines which have been sent to members in the past and which are available on this website here.
Field Excursions 2022
All members are invited to these trips, which are friendly and open to beginners and experts alike. Help to identify and learn about the birds seen will be given by the group. Meet at the location given, no later than the time stated. PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE HOMEPAGE (UNDER “BREAKING NEWS”) TO ENSURE THE TRIP IS GOING AHEAD. THIS SECTION WILL CARRY A NOTICE ONLY IF DETAILS OF THE FIELDTRIP ARE CHANGED – NO ANNOUNCEMENT MEANS NO CHANGE!
THIS WILL DEPEND ON CURRENT GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AT THE TIME OF THE TRIP. PLEASE FOLLOW LOCAL INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT WEARING FACE MASKS & SOCIAL DISTANCING IN HIDES.
ANYONE PLANNING TO GO ON THESE TRIPS SHOULD INFORM THE LEADER/ORGANISER OF THE FIELD TRIP SO THAT PARTICIPANT NUMBERS ARE KNOWN IN ADVANCE (see phone numbers below).
As always, if car sharing can be organised under prevailing Covid-19 guidelines, this will be helpful to everyone. Remember that at some locations, amenities may not be available. All directions are suggestions only.
19th – 22nd May – Weekend in Somerset – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Please contact Sue Brealey for details
Sunday, 12th June – Woolston Eyes – By Car – Leader: Estelle Hughes
- Full Day – Meet at Barrier for Access at 9.30am.
- Postcode for SatNav: WA4 1NN
- Directions: Approaching from the south you should cross the ship canal swing bridge on the Knutsford Road (A50), take the right-hand lane through Latchford and cross Kingsway South into Thelwall Lane.
- See www. woolstoneyes.com/woolston-eyes/
July & August – No Field Trips
Sunday, 18th September – Brandon Marsh – By Car – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at Reserve Car Park at 10am. SatNav.
- Postcode for SatNav: CV3 3GW
- Directions: Take M6 to Junction 2. Take A46 south, and then turn left onto A45 towards Rugby. Turns left after about 200 yards, and then turn left after the Texaco Station into Brandon Lane. The Nature Centre is 1 mile along the lane. Follow the brown signs. Entry Fees £2.50 for Adults & £1.50 for Concessions.
- See http://www.warwickshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/reserves/brandon-marsh
Sunday, 9th October – RSPB Burton Mere – By Car – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at the Car Park at 10am.
- Postcode for SatNav: CH64 5SF.
- Grid Ref: SJ 319 739
- Directions: Take A540 from Chester towards North Wirral. After the Two Miles crossroads (A540/A550), take the next left turning into Puddington Lane. The reserve is sign posted on the left, before coming to Burton village.
- See: https://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/reserves-a-z/dee-estuary-burton-mere-wetlands/
Sunday, 20th November – Llanfairfechan & North Wales Coast – By Car – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at the Car Park at Llanfairfechan at 10am.
- Postcode for SatNav: LL33 0BY.
- Grid Ref: SH 680 753
- Directions: Take the A55 from Chester towards Anglesey. After going through the Conwy road tunnel, exit after 2nd roundabout (J14) into the town. At traffic lights turn right and continue to the car park on the sea front.
Sunday, 11th December – WWT Martinmere – By Coach – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at the Shirehall Car Park at 8am
- Cost will be £15 per person for the coach plus entry to the reserve for non-members. More details at a later date. Please book with Sue Brealey from September 2022
- See www.wwt.org.uk/martinmere
- Sue Brealey 01939 262450//07713 164463
- Estelle Hughes 01948 840902//07817 243693
- Mim Elliott-Smith 01743 718616//07507 745497
- Jock Elliott-Smith 01743 718616//07800 543757
- Ian Baggley 01939 210520//07833 647109