Field Trips 2018
The field trip programme for 2018 has been compiled by the Development & Publicity Sub-Committee, in the absence of an Excursion Secretary.
Everyone is very welcome on these trips – you don’t need to be an SOS member. They have a friendly and inclusive atmosphere and are open to beginners and experts alike. Help to learn about the birds seen will be given by the group. Meet at the location given, no later than the time stated. Before attending, please read the Field Trip Guidelines. In order to indicate the numbers proposing to go on each trip, could you please contact the leader/organiser designated for the trip concerned (phone numbers below)? As always, if car sharing can be organised, this would help everyone. Remember that at some locations, amenities may not be available
We look forward to seeing you on the next excursion.
July and August – NO TRIPS
Sunday, 30 September – Brandon Marsh – By Car – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at Reserve Car Park at 10am
- SatNav. Post Code: CV3 3GW
- Directions: Take M6 to Junction 2. Take A46 south, and then turn left onto A45 towards Rugby. Turns left after about 200 yards, and then turn left after the Texaco Station into Brandon Lane. The Nature Centre is 1 mile along the lane. Follow the brown signs. Entry Fees £2.50 for Adults & £1.50 for Concessions
- See http://www.warwickshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/reserves/brandon-marsh
Thursday 18 to Sunday 21 October – Weekend Trip to Norfolk – By Car – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Please see Sue Brealey for details
- Maximum number is 14
- Bookings from January 2018
Sunday, 4 November – Pennington Flash – By Car – Leader: Estelle Hughes
- Full Day – Meet at the Car Park at 10am
- SatNav. Post code: WN7 3PA
- Directions: – From J22 of M6, take A580 towards Manchester. Turn left onto A572 (Newton Rd). Follow Sign Posts (Actually the Fire Station, but park is opposite). Pay & Display Car Park
- See www.wlct.org/leisure/parks/parkshome
Sunday, 9 December – WWT Slimbridge – By Coach – Organiser: Sue Brealey
- Full Day – Meet at the Shirehall Car Park at 8.15am
- Cost will be £15 per person for the coach plus entry to the reserve for non-members.
- Price is £8.50 for Concessions & £10.80 for Adults. Please book with Sue Brealey from September 2018.
- See www.wwt.org.uk/slimbridge
Sue Brealey 01939 262 450 // 07713 164 463
Brian Lyon 01939 251 576 // 07854 369 058
Dave Pearce 07582 352 061
Allan Dawes 01691 654 245
Estelle Hughes 07817 243 693 // 01948 840 902